Blog > Jobs & Visas USA


 Now Jobs & Visas USA with more than 20 years experience in HR and immigration to the USA refers EB-2 NIW (National Interest Waiver) applicants to top immigration attorney firm  USA Visa Clinic.

What is the National Interest Waiver Green Card?

The National Interest Waiver, also know as the “PhD Green Card”, is a U.S. Permanent Resident Immigration Category specifically tailored for high achieving professionals whose work could benefit the United States.

Why is the National Interest Waiver desirable?

Obtaining U.S. permanent residence through the National Interest Waiver is desirable because it is self-sponsored. You do not need a relative or employer or even a job offer.

How do I know if I qualify for the National Interest Waiver?

USCIS officers are looking for applicants who have achieved a level of authority in their field and whose contributions to their field have the potential to benefit the United States in a meaningful way.

The following three criteria must be met:

  1. The foreign national’s proposed endeavor has both substantial merit, and the benefits are national in scope,
  2. The foreign national is well-positioned to advance the proposed endeavor; and
  3. On balance, it would be beneficial to the United States to waive the requirements of a job offer and thus of a labor certification.

There are many examples of those who qualify.

One of the most common examples of an applicant who qualifies for the National Interest Waiver is as follows:

Job Title: Post Doctoral Researcher

Field: Any

Citations: 100+ as noted on their Google Scholar profile.

How long is the National Interest Waiver application process?

It generally takes 4 weeks to prepare and file the National Interest Waiver I-140 petition with USCIS. Once filed, USCIS processing time is approximately 4-12 months.

After the National Interest Waiver I-140 petition is approved, the National Visa Center will begin the Consular process. This takes approximately 1-2 months until your permanent residence visa is approved and you are eligible to travel to the U.S. to live as a permanent resident.

How much does it cost?

The attorney fee is negotiable case by case, although Jobs & Visas USA can negotiate the lowest and the best cost you will have to process your whole EB-2 NIW with USCIS and US Consulate in your country. 

When should I apply?

You should apply approximately 1 year before you are ready to move to the U.S.

We usually are able to reply within 24 hours with our assessment.

EB-2 NIW Assessment please forward us full and detailed resume to:  (English, Portuguese, Spanish)